- Rehearse with children their full name, address and phone number.
Teach them how to make emergency phone calls from public phones.
- Show your children the safest route to and from school, and make sure
they take it everyday. Tell them to avoid alleys, construction sites and wooded
- Teach children never to accept gifts or rides from people they don't
- Walk the neighborhood with your children. Show them where to go in an
emergency, like a neighbor's house or an open store.
- Teach your children to walk confidently and to be alert.